Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My version of the '52 Week Challenge'

I've noticed many Scrapbook bloggers are doing some version of this challenge whether it be daily, weekly or monthly LO's and pictures. I don't really do much on a day to day interest that would be of any interest, so what I'm going to do instead is post a pic each week and talk about it a bit. This could be a recent picture or one from years ago. Hopefully this'll keep me more on track with posting and give me a chance to show off some photos.




In High School I was on the Green Team, or as our school named it the North Environmental Awareness Team (NEAT). It was a big part of my life at the time and I have many fond memories of events, weekly recycling rounds and the members themselves. I even had got to be VP in my final year with my friend as President. This picture was taken as a promo for our Hug-a-Tree-athon to raise money to get David Suziki as a Guest Speaker at the school. I remember it being bitterly cold (not quite cold enough to close the schools, but enough to be a little painful on exposed skin) and having to more or less bully everyone into coming out. Even so, we only got about half of them out there. It was also 'Fake Injury Day', hence the bandages and such. In the end we never did use the photo's, but it's a great memory and the crisp blue sky against the frozen snow looks great.

Happy Scrapping and remember to ♥ the earth.

No comments: