Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Traditions


I was reading today's Scrapgirls newsletter and was reminded of some of my favorite Christmas traditions. There's the basic ones, like when we put up the tree and It's A Wonderful Life and Christmas dinner, and then there are some that are completly ours. Others may not understand them and many came about more by accident than anything else. For example, for as long as I can remember we always opened one gift on Christmas eve, then one year us girls all got matching pajama's and every year it has been the same. Santa always leaves a new set of ornaments on our tree, something going back to when we used to spend Christmas with my paternal Grandparents before my Grandmother passed away. Often these are gorgeous feathered birds which we would look foreward to putting up each year. Though not 'traditional' ornaments I thought they were the most beautiful things I had ever seen and always made sure to put the prettiest near the top. Then there are my personal traditions, like buying a new role of paper each year just for my gifts and my new book ritual. This started when, angry at being sent to bed when I wanted to play with my new gifts, I decided to spite my parents by reading 'this dumb book about a wizard'. That book turned was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. The rest is history.

So I have a proposal for you all. What are your favorite Christmas traditions? You can make an LO or just leave a comment. I'd love to hear about them :).

No comments: